What do I have to be thankful for? Ok, here we go…
- I am alive and healthy, as is my wife of 32 years. So that’s a pretty big thing. Oh, and she still seems to like me (liking someone and loving them are two different things – important distinction). One thing’s for sure – she makes my life better in every way, so that’s a pretty big matzo ball to be thankful for.
- I am fortunate to have people I care about deeply who are also alive. In fact I will spend time with some of them today – see how much fun it is being alive?
- I am able to honor and cherish the memory of those who I loved but have died – and I’m grateful to have had them in my life.
- Although I lost the best dog in the history of Dogdom last year, my wife and I rescued a new pup who is showing a lot of promise. There’s a few rough edges that need some sanding, but she’s very bright, sweet and endearing, so there’s that.
- I have a job that allows me to try and help people in a very profound way, and I also happen to like it, so it’s a double win.
- Finally, I’m thankful that tomorrow I get another chance to get things right and hopefully help someone else out in the process.
Today was a good day on planet earth. No trivial thing.